1. The National Family Celebrations, championed by the National Family Council with strong support from the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS), is an important annual event that seeks to promote, strengthen and celebrate families and family life. The Council is a people sector-led committee that aims to promote and build resilient families in Singapore.
2. National Family Celebrations 2011 was a success, with 400,000 people enjoying over 330 family programmes or concessions offered by many of our corporate and community partners over a 4-week period.
3. This year marks the 27th year of the National Family Celebrations. We will be bringing together a wide array of exciting and interesting programmes and activities from 25 May (Friday) to 23 June (Saturday) 2012 to encourage family bonding. National Family Celebrations 2012 (NFC’12) will further develop the youth theme of 2011 and focus on empowering youth to be pro-active family champions.
4. We would like to invite you to participate in NFC’12. There are many ways you can take part in the Celebrations:
- Coincide your organisation’s “Family Day” with the Celebrations;
- Organise family activities or talks for your staff (and / or the public, if applicable) during the Celebrations;
- Support Eat With Your Family Day by releasing your staff early on 25 May 2012 (Friday). [Please contact Centre for Fathering at 6252-8428 or email email@example.com for more details.]
- Encourage staff to participate in the NFC’12 launch and closing events, as well as other ground activities; and
- Provide a hyperlink to the NFC’12 website www.nfc.sg on your Intranet website.
5. Please submit the details of your proposed NFC’12 programmes by 20 April 2012 using the reply slip (Annex B) to Ms Connie Sim at Fax: 6354-9868 or e-mail her at Concepcion_P_SIM@mcys.gov.sg. We will let you have more information about NFC’12 in due course.
6. We look forward to your participation and partnership in this meaningful cause as we promote family values and strengthen families in Singapore. Thank you.